Sports injury treatment specialist
We must highlight and stress on the utmost importance and priority for the physiotherapist to insist on the prevention of the sports injuries, creating as aforementioned a personalized treatment protocol for each case, as well as a specific precompetition and postcompetition treatment.
You are in safe hands at Centro Médico Reque, our sports physiotherapists are fully qualified and equipped with expert anatomical and physiological knowledge and pathomechanics of sports injuries. Treatment is based on your individual medical diagnosis of your injury to determine the appropriate treatment, exercises and a personalised therapeutic programme.
At our sports injury clinic we offer treatment using a variety of physical technique including electrotherapy, thermotherapy (heat), manual therapy such as sports massage, hydrotherapy, sports injury physiotherapy and therapeutic exercises, designed to expedite recovery and aid rehabilitation.
Objectives of the Sports Physiotherapy:
- INFORMATION: Advice the sporting community and related professionals on how to improve conditions to avoid sports injuries.
- PREVENTION: Raise awareness of the factors that may cause injury and the type of injury that could be sustained whilst practicing sports. Depending on which field of activity could include sprains and strains, knee injuries, swollen muscles, Achilles tendon injuries, pain along the shin bone, rotator cuff injuries, fractures and dislocations.
- RECOVERY: Treat sports injuries in order to expedite recovery and minimise down time.
- REHABILITATION: After the recovery phase, we will provide a programme designed to get you back into peak physical condition, as you were before the injury.
- RESEARCH: We are constantly undertaking research in order to widen and improve our knowledge of the latest techniques in treating sports physiotherapy.
When undertaking regular sports activity it’s important that you keep your muscles in good condition in order to avoid injury. Physiotherapy such as a sports massage can both relax and tone the muscles, which is particularly important if you are planning to take part in a competition or any strenuous sports activity. It is a good way to avoid injury and also to enhance performance by increasing elasticity and flexibility.
Treatments for Injuries:
Most injuries can be avoided if a preventative physiotherapy and training programmes are followed. However, when injuries occur we can manipulate your muscles back to health using a variety of strengthening exercises.
Objectives of the treatment of the injuries:
- Treat the injures specific to each sport
- Decrease the possibility of sustaining an injury
- Set guidelines to promote a speedy recovery
- Accelerate the biological recovery process of the injury
- Recover the maximum functionality of the affected part in the shortest possible time
- Rehabilitation to allow you to return to training
- Agreeing a programme of treatment with your therapist in order to achieve recovery.
The most common types of treatment:
- Tendonitis/tendinosis (patellar, infraspinatous..), and other tendinopathies
- Muscle injuries such as fiber rupture, muscle stretching, contractures, overcharges, contusions
- Problems in the meniscus
- Osteopathy in the pubic area
- Shoulder rotator cuff injuries
- Capsule-ligament injuries (sprains, ligament strains, dislocations and subdislocations of the joints)
- Joint instability
- Functional taping (neuromuscular taping or Kinesiotaping)
- Unloading massage
- Postoperatory recovery from ligament plasties or knee tendons surgery for example, or in plasties and reintegration of shoulder tendons
- Sports massage (pre and post competition)
- Reeducation to effort
- Application of techniques to enhance sports performance (eccentric works, propioception)
- Muscle-joint and postural valuation of the sportsman