What is neurological physiotherapy?
It is the part of the physiotherapy focusing on the treatment of the patients suffering from neurological pathologies.
What does the treatment consist of?
We use techniques deriving from the BOBATH Concept. Two of the basic pillars of this type of treatment are:
- Inhibition, to control those abnormal standard reflexes.
- To facilitate, allow and help the patient to use proper standard movements.
Which are the objectives to achieve with the neurological physiotherapy?
- To improve the gait
- To grant more stability
- To reduce spasticity, tremors and fatigue
- To improve the capacity and the autonomy
- To contribute to an improvement in the daily activities
Which patients is this therapy better suited for?
- Infantile cerebral palsy“ICP”
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Esclerosis “ALE”
- Spina Bifida
- Muscular Dystrophy